Warm-up lasts approximately 15 min and is of great importance in table tennis. It consists of two phases: (a) off the table and (b) on the table.
Off the table (general warm-up)
- Light jogging
- Rotational exercises (e.g. shoulders)
- Front steps
- Stretching (e.g. shoulders, forearms, chest, legs)
On the table (special warm-up)
- Drives (forehand & backhand)
- Topspin (forehand & backhand)
- Push (forehand & backhand)
Recovery lasts approximately 10 min and consists of light jogging and stretching of the working muscles (e.g. shoulders, forearms, chest, legs).
© Denis TT World